11.06.2007

in the eye

i currently feel like i am in the middle of the eye of a storm, a quiet silent way, with a great white rapid wind surrounding me. a down to the wire feeling has come over me without a doubt, but there isn't so much anxiety, just watching everything fly around me in all sorts of different directions. i am currently working on paper quilts for red lips 4 courage, they are to be published by lark sterling, in a diy book on paper quilts. the work in progress you see is only a hint of the blue quilt, the third of a total of five new quilts i must produce for this venture. the quilts will be shipped and photographed and then sent back to me, so i will actually beable to retain ownership of the quilts, but until then i think i'll have to keep things under wraps. i will keep you in mind molly i, you can have first dibs.
additionally i am feeling some strange pangs of anxiety, especially in regards to giving up my scrub pants. i'm telling you, it took me forever to save up money to purchase 27" inseam flare scrup pants and now i'm giving up the ghost. aside from giving up scrubs, which isn't really all that bad, i'm in love with the colors here. in my outfit as well as with the facial fish from lumene, i mean i know the fish are orange but it's the combo colored background. and my special occassion eye shadow. yum. aquateal and silver. i don't think i could live without the color. i'll post a little bit more tomorrow. i think i'm going to go with a refurbished mac on wednesday night. thank you all for grand congratulations! this time of my life has been amazing. today i was sitting here at work, and got an email from someone and just had to jump up and down with excitement. yeah it seems full of cheese, i know, but truly honestly growth is terribly fun. tomorrow i hope to share a new site, link i was recently introduced to, it's an amazing art site, critique and all. take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! So glad you're getting a new computer! You can bum my internet anytime...

Anonymous said...

Cat, Good luck on your new adventure!! I miss you...GA

Mary said...

Cat,
I totally recognize this blog--I have looked at it before via Jen's blog. It looks great! Would you mind if I put a link to yr blog on mine? cheers!
Mary

Mary said...

Hey Cat--I left a comment here on Sunday but it did not show up! Your blog looks great! The photography is very vibrant--and I do recognize your artwork from the clothesline show. I remember really liking it then, as I do now.
Cool to re-meet you on Sunday--hope to see you again soon in real life or on the blogosphere.
Mary

combhoney said...

yeah those are pretty nice colors