2.08.2005

the death of



feminism. "Feminism-what started out as a noble institution to give women the right to vote and participate in all facets of society has turned into a hate-mongering, man bashing (and as my last article proved, sometimes literally) egomaniacal, elitist institution that has done more to oppress women than that dreaded patriarchy could ever dream of. In fact, feminists are a male chauvinist’s dream-they do more to destroy women then they ever could! Of course, this is simply my opinion. Considering this site is called defendingtruth.org then most assuredly I should back up my opinion with some truth. Has there really been a decline in feminism or is that simply wishful thinking on my part."

how many other women out there find feminism to be less than what we want? feminism falls short of what we were created and put on this earth to do. it is exactly as Dena Leichnitz puts it in her article. i haven't found that many other females think about feminism, nor that they care. they are just as unaffected as the next person. the incalculable damage being caused by...feminism. yet there are these sorts of thoughts that i appreciate as well.

there is so much i want to share and reiterate so here goes:


"A British street artist known as Moose creates graffiti by cleaning dirt from sidewalks and tunnels -- sometimes for money when the images are used as advertising. But some authorities call it vandalism.

Moose, whose real name is Paul Curtis, tells NPR's Steve Inskeep that he got the idea when he saw that people had written their names with their fingers on dirty tunnel walls in his hometown of Leeds. Moose does some freehand drawing, but also uses the grid from wall tiles to create perfect shapes and letters.

The tools are simple: A shoe brush, water and elbow grease, he says."

i also wanted to show you this. have any of you heard of loopsuppa? these people and whatever they are doing, art/music. seems fairly inspiring to me.

and for now that is all i have to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A blog that mentions feminism! I could post a huge comment, but I'll keep it in check. Promise :) I agree that most women tend not to think about feminism, with the exception of literary critics and academics (in which case it is a helpful school of thought). I think it is today's feminism that fails to address the needs of women, because of course the feminist movement of the 70's and 80's was very empowering.
Found your site through the snailmail program. Looking forward to coming back!

--Stephanie
creaturebug.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Actually I am Dena Leichnitz. Kind of cool that I was quoted in someone's blog. And I agree, I don't think most women think of feminism the way they think about what's for dinner or that upcoming project at work but I think the effects of it are being felt, even if they don't attribute it to the roots of feminism. When I became pregnant not one single person said, "Hey congratulations Dena, that's wonderful." Granted I have medical issues that needed to be dealt with but not one congratulations, you think I would've told them I was going to die tomorrow. Now, I am sure there are healthy women out there who have also gotten the same response. Having children used to be a celebration, now it is a curse. It is that kind of mindset where children are to be avoided at all costs that is part of the fruits of feminism. And that I do think women do pay particular attention to even if they don't make the correlation. Trust me I am not an academic. I just have an insatiable thirst for knowledge is all.