8.01.2004

double helix

it is a calm corner of my mind that i finds me here. i am accustomed to waking up on sunday mornings and turning on the television to see charles osgood on sunday morning. i remember watching the race for the double helix when i was a freshman in high school biology class. there is a exhibit at the guggenheim museum in new york called speaking with hands. a man's historically broad collection of photographs showing hands. i thought of fenn when i saw some of the photos in this feature story. on wednesday the fourth i am going with my coworkers to the beach further south. i am spending a good portion of my day cleaning the cigarette ash out of my car and doing laundry. my family celebrated three birthdays yesterday. my father turned fifty, my brother and his wife turned twenty four. my brother is almost half my dad's age. aaron favors my father in personality, character, demeanor, bookishness, et cetera. my father and aaron are not really handymen. they usually read a book and learn how to fix the washing machine or shower wall.

i've been listening to the 12"species: direct descendants: final fantasy. a hiphop trio out of honolulu hawaii. then today i slipped in natural ting' featuring the 45REVOLVER:djJahSon, while vacuuming the black car that i have. i spread the reggae gospel throughout the neighborhood. no one was listening except for myself. the sound was just being absorbed by moist, humid air. like the judo room we used to play in as kids. sound proof padded walls, yuck.

i have some explaining to do here but it will definitely have to wait. i've got to take it slow, measure my steps in other words.

No comments: